Close Menu
NCIJ Network NCIJ Network
    What's Hot

    Harvest price hike hits business with 1500% increase in bills

    August 20, 2026

    Agentic AI Presents New Insider Threat Model for Orgs

    August 20, 2026

    Nearly 1 in 5 crypto spot trades now happen on DEXs as centralized exchange volume collapses

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Harvest price hike hits business with 1500% increase in bills
    • Agentic AI Presents New Insider Threat Model for Orgs
    • Nearly 1 in 5 crypto spot trades now happen on DEXs as centralized exchange volume collapses
    • Notes from Illinois’ Virtual Power Plant Frontier
    • MacGregor’s 165-ton crane ordered for Jan De Nul newbuild
    • Despite SafeSport Ban, Girls Volleyball Coach Ryan Richardson Continues to Work With Kids — ProPublica
    • There is nothing scientific about The Great ADHD Myth? ‘documentary’ | Gina Rippon
    • Are lemons ‘manmade’ fruits that don’t occur naturally? Here’s the bitter truth
    • About
      • Our Team
      • Editorial Policy
      • Editorial Independence
      • International Support
    • Trust & Standards
      • AI Usage Policy
      • Conflict of Interest Policy
      • Corrections Policy
      • Ethics Policy
      • Fact-Checking Policy
      • Source Protection
    • Get Involved
      • Guide for Sources
      • Support Independent Journalism
    • Legal
      • Cookie Policy
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms of Use
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NCIJ Network NCIJ Network
    Thursday, August 20
    • Home
    • World
    • Ai
    • Business
    • Politics
    • Health
    • Crypto
    • Science
    • Technology
    • Cybersecurity
    • Defense & Security
    • Economy
    • Energy
    • Europe
    • More
      • Fact Check
      • Investigations
      • Opinion & Analysis
      • Environment
    NCIJ Network NCIJ Network
    Home»Politics

    Prince Harry and Meghan’s UK security a private matter, Burnham says

    NCIJ NETWNCIJ NETWORKBy NCIJ NETWNCIJ NETWORKAugust 20, 2026 Politics No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Security for the couple has long been a point of tension, with Prince Harry losing a legal challenge last year over how much he and his family were entitled to when visiting the UK.

    Now that they are moving back to the UK, Ravec will have to make a new decision on their security as previous arrangements were based on them not living here permanently.

    The Home Office has said the UK’s protective security system was rigorous and proportionate, but “it is our long-standing policy not to provide detailed information on those arrangements, as doing so could compromise their integrity and affect individuals’ security.”

    The Sussexes left the UK and stepped back from their royal duties in early 2020, before they settled in California.

    There is no suggestion that the Sussexes are going to become full-time working royals again, so they may not qualify for the levels of security Prince Harry had before he and his wife left the UK six years ago.

    But the couple will be high-profile public figures, with close links to the King and Prince Harry’s military service in Afghanistan also remains an important consideration.

    It remains to be seen whether Prince Harry will get the taxpayer-funded security that he has always asked for since stepping down as a working royal.

    If he does not get it, he would have to top up any security he might be given out of his own pocket.

    The couple visited the King and Queen Camilla last month in the UK.

    It was the first time the King had seen his grandchildren in person in more than four years, and the couple’s first visit to the UK together since 2022.

    Last year, Prince Harry lost a legal challenge in which he sought to overturn a decision that had downgraded his security after his move to the US.

    At the time, he told the BBC that he “can’t see a world” in which he would bring his family to the UK due to the downgrading of his protection.

    Royal expert Robert Hardman told the BBC’s Radio 4 Today programme it was likely that some of their past security issues “have been resolved” but details – or who is going to foot the bill – are still unknown.

    Prince Harry and Meghan’s children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, are enrolled at a British school from September.

    King Charles was told of their move back to the UK on Sunday.

    In the US, the Sussexes have employed a private security team to protect them.

    They offered no comment when asked by the BBC whether that team would be moving to the UK with them.

    Burnham Harry matter Meghans prince private Security
    NCIJ NETWNCIJ NETWORK
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    ‘The Necessary Conversation’ Puts Family Political Arguments On Full Display

    Reverse Megxit: 5 awkward questions as Harry and Meghan plot British return – POLITICO

    OpenAI Overhauls Model Security With Sandboxing, 30-Minute Alerts, and Training Pauses

    AI will not solve cash crisis for UK councils, warn experts

    Burnham announces plans to clean up illegal waste dumps – UK politics live | Politics

    Trump’s Order to Cut Military Exercises With South Korea Carries Risks, Experts Say

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks

    Harvest price hike hits business with 1500% increase in bills

    August 20, 2026

    Agentic AI Presents New Insider Threat Model for Orgs

    August 20, 2026

    Nearly 1 in 5 crypto spot trades now happen on DEXs as centralized exchange volume collapses

    August 20, 2026

    Notes from Illinois’ Virtual Power Plant Frontier

    August 20, 2026
    Latest Posts

    New Dysphoria DDoS botnet spreads to 200k devices worldwide

    July 28, 2026

    OpenAI’s biggest threat may just be open AI

    July 28, 2026

    6 Takeaways From Michigan’s Senate Debate Between Abdul El-Sayed and Haley Stevens

    July 28, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    NCIJ Network is an independent digital news platform delivering trusted investigative journalism, European and global news, in-depth analysis, and fact-based reporting with accuracy, transparency, and integrity.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

    Harvest price hike hits business with 1500% increase in bills

    August 20, 2026

    Agentic AI Presents New Insider Threat Model for Orgs

    August 20, 2026

    Nearly 1 in 5 crypto spot trades now happen on DEXs as centralized exchange volume collapses

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.