Close Menu
NCIJ Network NCIJ Network
    What's Hot

    Climate Change Reshuffles Where People Are Moving in Florida

    August 20, 2026

    U.S.-Canada Trade Talks Aim to Avert Another Tariff War

    August 20, 2026

    Kyiv’s Dormition Cathedral is Revived After Russian Drone Strike

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Climate Change Reshuffles Where People Are Moving in Florida
    • U.S.-Canada Trade Talks Aim to Avert Another Tariff War
    • Kyiv’s Dormition Cathedral is Revived After Russian Drone Strike
    • Paris St-Germain move game after heat damages Parc des Princes pitch
    • Reform’s new economic adviser has called for end of pensioners’ triple lock | Reform UK
    • Leaders attack ‘demotivating’ plan to make pupils who fail GCSEs retake maths and English | Education
    • The US Treasury is buying long bonds, but not very many
    • Someone targeted security researchers using a fake crypto conference as a lure
    • About
      • Our Team
      • Editorial Policy
      • Editorial Independence
      • International Support
    • Trust & Standards
      • AI Usage Policy
      • Conflict of Interest Policy
      • Corrections Policy
      • Ethics Policy
      • Fact-Checking Policy
      • Source Protection
    • Get Involved
      • Guide for Sources
      • Support Independent Journalism
    • Legal
      • Cookie Policy
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms of Use
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NCIJ Network NCIJ Network
    Thursday, August 20
    • Home
    • World
    • Ai
    • Business
    • Politics
    • Health
    • Crypto
    • Science
    • Technology
    • Cybersecurity
    • Defense & Security
    • Economy
    • Energy
    • Europe
    • More
      • Fact Check
      • Investigations
      • Opinion & Analysis
      • Environment
    NCIJ Network NCIJ Network
    Home»World

    France, Germany, UK and Italy slam Israel’s ‘E1’ West Bank settler project

    NCIJ NETWNCIJ NETWORKBy NCIJ NETWNCIJ NETWORKAugust 20, 2026 World No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    France, Germany, ​Britain and Italy condemned plans by Israel to open up construction tenders for a ​major residential property project for Israeli settlers dubbed “E1” in the occupied West Bank.

     “At a time of grave instability in the West Bank with unprecedented levels of violence by settlers against civilians, and serious restrictions on the Palestinian economy, this decision is even more concerning,” the joint statement from Paris, Rome, Berlin and London said. 

    More and more Christian families pressured to leave the West Bank by Israeli settlers

    To display this content from YouTube, you must enable advertisement tracking and audience measurement.


    One of your browser extensions seems to be blocking the video player from loading. To watch this content, you may need to disable it on this site.

    Cover image: © France 24

    “We urge the Government of Israel to retract these plans immediately and end its expansion of settlements in the West Bank,” it added, warning businesses against bidding for the construction tenders at risk of “involving themselves in serious breaches of international law”.

    Hundreds of ​thousands of Israelis have settled among millions of Palestinians in the Palestinian territory,​ which has been occupied by Israel since the 1967 war.

    Read more‘We never leave’: Palestinians besieged in West Bank fear Israeli settlers will seize their homes

    These settlements are illegal under international law.

    Israel approved the plans for the roughly 12-square-kilometre parcel of land just east of Jerusalem in August last year.

    The plan seeks to build around 3,400 homes on the ultra-sensitive tract of land, which lies between Jerusalem and the illegal Israeli settlement of Maale Adumim.

    The UN secretary general said at the time that E1 posed an “existential threat” to a contiguous Palestinian state. 

    The project would further separate east Jerusalem, occupied and annexed by Israel and predominantly inhabited by Palestinians, from the West Bank.

    The latest tender covers more than 1,200 housing units, according to Israeli NGO Peace Now.

    Peace Now said Israel’s housing ministry published the tender on August 18 and immediately opened it for bids.

    Submissions are due by October 19, one week before Israeli elections scheduled for October 27.

    Read moreIsraeli settlers seize Palestinian water source in occupied West Bank to create recreational pool

    The group said the homes accounted for about one-third of the planned E1 development and accused the government of trying to advance construction commitments before the vote.

    Israel heavily restricts the movement of West Bank Palestinians, who must obtain permits from authorities to travel through checkpoints to cross into east Jerusalem or Israel.

    (FRANCE 24 with AFP and Reuters)

    bank France Germany Israels Italy Project settler slam West
    NCIJ NETWNCIJ NETWORK
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    Kyiv’s Dormition Cathedral is Revived After Russian Drone Strike

    Queen Camilla Says It Was ‘Difficult’ to Keep Charles’s Cancer a Secret

    Como mayor bans bikes in city centre after being hit by one

    Togo charges two French journalists over incorrect documents, rights group says

    Sydney air traffic controllers have ‘grave concerns’ about collision risk after airspace redesign | Sydney airport

    Trump’s war on Stars and Stripes: Why has military newspaper chief quit? | Freedom of the Press News

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks

    Climate Change Reshuffles Where People Are Moving in Florida

    August 20, 2026

    U.S.-Canada Trade Talks Aim to Avert Another Tariff War

    August 20, 2026

    Kyiv’s Dormition Cathedral is Revived After Russian Drone Strike

    August 20, 2026

    Paris St-Germain move game after heat damages Parc des Princes pitch

    August 20, 2026
    Latest Posts

    New Dysphoria DDoS botnet spreads to 200k devices worldwide

    July 28, 2026

    OpenAI’s biggest threat may just be open AI

    July 28, 2026

    6 Takeaways From Michigan’s Senate Debate Between Abdul El-Sayed and Haley Stevens

    July 28, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    NCIJ Network is an independent digital news platform delivering trusted investigative journalism, European and global news, in-depth analysis, and fact-based reporting with accuracy, transparency, and integrity.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

    Climate Change Reshuffles Where People Are Moving in Florida

    August 20, 2026

    U.S.-Canada Trade Talks Aim to Avert Another Tariff War

    August 20, 2026

    Kyiv’s Dormition Cathedral is Revived After Russian Drone Strike

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.